New restaurants in Liverpool for this summer
Liverpool’s restaurant scene is to get busier this summer as new establishments are set to open. From refurbished favourites to brand-new concepts, there are bound to be some great eateries to try that suit your taste and budget.
New and upcoming restaurants
- Chez le Coq is reinventing itself as new restaurant Koop. The new décor includes funky colours and an open kitchen, and while the restaurant will continue to sell chicken, burgers and shakes, these will be in many new varieties and flavours.
- If you’ve been frustrated waiting for a table at Bold Street’s Mowgli, you’ll be delighted to know that there will soon be a second restaurant opening off Castle Street.
- The Alchemist, one of the North’s most popular restaurant and bar brands, will be opening in July in Brunswick Street. Its owners are hoping to replicate the popularity it already enjoys in London, Manchester and Leeds.
- Chicha, a Peruvian street kitchen, will open soon in Bold Street for those wanting to try something new.
- If you’re at McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Cheshire Oaks, try Carluccio’s, an all-day Italian eatery serving everything from coffees to a full evening meal.
- The Grade II-listed building at 2 Castle Street is being taken over by Graffitti Spirit. They are opening a new venue called Santa Maluco, which will serve pizzas by the slice, allowing customers to have as little or as much as they wish to eat.
- The iconic nightclub known as The Cabin Club is to be reopened as new restaurant and bar Electric.
- West Kirby is acquiring a new restaurant and bar, The Viking, from the star of Channel Four’s Sunday Brunch, award-winning chef Simon Rimmer.
- In September, The Sugar Hut will open in Victoria Street after a £1.6 million refurbishment. It plans to serve high-quality fresh food and classic cocktails.