Eight pop ups to try this summer in London
If you’re looking for somewhere new to eat in London this summer, why not try one of the new pop up restaurants that have recently opened or will be opening soon? Whatever your favourite type of food or budget, there is bound to be one of these eateries somewhere near you in London.
- ABQ in Shoreditch is a Breaking Bad-style cocktail bar that is open Thursdays--Saturdays. From the smoking dry ice to the meth lab in an RV, you’ll feel like you’ve strayed onto the set of the popular TV show.
- Bone Daddies in Bermondsey is open Saturdays and serves ramen noodles and sashimi. They do not take bookings, and you should expect to share a table.
- Dinerama in Shoreditch is newly roofed and open Thursdays–Saturdays. Enjoy a variety of street food here, including rotisserie chicken and tacos.
- In Bank, indulge in some southern American food at The Fat Bear at Rising Sun. The menu includes southern-fried chicken, New Yorker hot dogs and cheesecake.
- Blessings, the wine and cocktail bar in Spitalfields, is hosting “Origins Of...” until early July. Tuck into Middle Eastern food, including charred flatbreads, spicy chicken and hummus from a traditional family recipe, at this pop up.
- The Bunyadi will be open June–August and is the place to dine by candlelight with no electric lights, no phones and no clothes! That’s right – dine nude! The location of this pop-up is still a secret, but there is currently a waiting list for diners.
- Junkyard Golf Club in Shoreditch is opening on 12th May and remains open until 31st Enjoy a lively combination of music, food, drink and nine-hole crazy golf at this fun eatery.
- At Carousel in Marylebone, take the chance to try the pop up from Portuguese chef Leonardo Pereira, who will be serving diners from 5th–19th May ahead of his restaurant opening in Lisbon.