Best UK French restaurants
French cuisine is well-known the world over for its excellence. Fresh ingredients cooked to perfection and elegantly served are hallmarks of French cuisine at its best. Of course, France is also home to some of the world’s great wine regions, so any good French restaurant will reflect this with a wine list to complement the cuisine. With France currently hosting the Euros and Bastille Day not far away, perhaps it’s time to try out one of the best French restaurants near you.
Top French restaurants throughout the UK
- Le Gavroche in Mayfair sets the highest standards for their fine French cuisine. Michel Roux Jr’s restaurant regularly wins awards and holds two Michelin stars. Dining here is an expensive experience, but one that is well worth it.
- Bosquet in Kenilworth conjures up a rural French atmosphere. Serving the cuisine of South West France, the restaurant enhances its delicious dishes with a welcoming personal service.
- Restaurant Martin Wishart in Edinburgh is considered by some to be Scotland’s best gastronomic experience. The elegant menu of this Michelin-starred restaurant is accompanied by well-chosen wines.
- Les Mirabelles in Nomansland in the New Forest prides itself on its fine Gallic cuisine and selection of wines. The restaurant offers an a la carte menu as well as a set lunch or dinner menu. A recent addition is a bistro menu entitled “Le Frog.”
- The Box Tree in Ilkley serves modern French cuisine. The husband-and-wife owners, Simon and Rena Guellar, use local suppliers to source their ingredients, which include white truffle oil, roast sea scallops and celeriac puree.
- Le Cochon Aveugle is a tiny restaurant in York. The restaurant has no fixed menu but creates a changing one based on the fresh produce available. Enjoy set six- or nine-course menus. Booking in advance in highly recommended.