Best restaurants in and around Windsor
With top tourist attractions such as Windsor Castle, LEGOLAND and Windsor Safari Park in the vicinity, it’s no surprise that Windsor and the surrounding area are teeming with places to eat. These restaurants cater for all budgets and tastes, whether you want a quick bite, a long romantic lunch or a family meal.
Top restaurants in Windsor
- The Hungry Eye Ghurkha Restaurant serves authentic Nepalese cuisine in a traditional Nepalese-style dining room. In summer months, dine al fresco on the terrace.
- Close to Windsor Castle, Garden Restaurant at the Royal Adelaide Hotel serves modern British cuisine. Try delicacies such as pigeon breast on buttered spinach served with a redcurrant and port jus.
- La Tasca Spanish Tapas Bar and Kitchen serves authentic cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere. Chose from tapas, paellas and sharing platters.
- Cattle Grid is a family favourite offering steaks, burgers, ribs and much more. Be as adventurous as you like with the toppings, including freshly made butters, sauces, haggis and guacamole.
- Windsor Grill is run by celebrity chef Anthony Worral Thompson. Items on the menu are prepared using fresh ingredients, including the chef’s own Middle White pigs and vegetables grown on his plot of land.
A little further afield
- The House on the Bridge in Eton offers idyllic views over the river as you peruse an inventive menu, which includes chicken Wellington with bacon, stilton and sherry sauce.
- Piccolo Venezia in Datchet brings a touch of Italy to Berkshire. Run by an Italian family, this eatery lets you enjoy traditional Italian favourites in an authentic atmosphere.
- Denbies Gallery Restaurant in Datchet provides panoramic views of the Denbies Wine Estate vineyard. The menu changes seasonally but always reflects locally sourced, organic produce.
- The Ostrich in Langley is one of Britain’s oldest pubs. The menu includes standard pub classics, including steaks and burgers, as well as more adventurous choices such as game parfait.