Best places to get an ice cream
As the weather warms up, an ice cream is just the tasty treat to keep you cool. It’s easy to find at shops, cafes and vans everywhere, but if you want your ice cream to be more than just a mass-produced lolly or a squirt from a machine, then you may need to look a bit harder. Fortunately, across the country, there are businesses that take pride in creating ice cream made from the finest ingredients and in increasingly inventive flavours.
Best places to get an ice cream in London
Whether you are a tourist or just want an after-work treat, there are some great places to buy your ice cream in London.
- Chin Chin Laboratories in Camden takes a scientific approach to its ice cream. Watch your choice of flavour get made-to-order in clouds of liquid nitrogen.
- Yorica in Soho proves that delicious treats can be healthy. Choose from a range of flavours, including mango and cookies and cream, all made from vegan ingredients. You can also add an exciting range of toppings. These ice creams are ideal for people suffering from dairy, nut, egg and gluten intolerances.
- La Gelatiera in Covent Garden serves fine gelato and sorbets. They are freshly made daily on the premises and come in an eclectic range of flavours including Cornish blue and walnut and basil and chilli.
The rest of the country never lags far behind the capital. Why not try ice cream from these establishments?
- Ginger’s Comfort Emporium is an ice cream shop in Manchester. Enjoy delicious ice cream sandwiches made with brioche.
- Boho Gelato Italian Ice Cream can be found on the seafront in Brighton – the perfect place to enjoy an ice cream! The list changes, but unusual flavours include mojito and rhubarb and ginger.
- George & Danver Ice Cream Café in Oxford prides itself on selling real ice cream made only from the finest natural ingredients, such as Mexican vanilla and Belgian chocolate.