Best London pop-ups this summer
The summer is a great time to try something new, and where better to try it than a pop-up? Pop-ups are the places where top chefs and restaurateurs can experiment with new ideas, menus and venues. Perhaps the pop-up you discover this summer will become next year’s new best restaurant in London.
- The Aperol Sprit Terrazza is the perfect place to spend the warm summer evenings. This roof terrace at the Bird of Smithfield in Clerkenwell is serving cocktails and Italian food from Mondays to Saturdays until 31st
- Bouludd Sud is open at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Knightsbridge. Enjoy Mediterranean dishes such as Sicilian sardine escabeche or Moroccan chicken. Already a permanent feature in New York, this pop-up just might become permanent in London too.
- Enjoy a beach party in Brixton until 28th August at Brixton Beach Boulevard. Expect films and DJs as well as street-food vendors such as The Other Side and Mac to the Future.
- CLAW at Skylon is at the South Bank until August. Celebrate all things crab, and enjoy Devonshire crab burgers or crab shoestring fries.
- Head to the Wild West with The Django Bango Gold Mine in Vauxhall until 1st The five-course meal includes crocodile popcorn and a muffnut. Enjoy live performances and country music to liven up those summer nights.
- Head to the top of a multi-story carpark in Peckham for Franks. This might sound crazy, but when you see the view, you’ll understand why. Food-wise, expect to indulge in snacks such as sweetcorn with paprika or brown sugar hot wings.
- For late-night dining, try Hawker House in Canada Water. It’s a street-food night market featuring Farang's Thai street barbecue and Chuck Burger, to name but a few.
- Head to wonderland, Proud Wonderland to be exact, in Camden. The Alice in Wonderland-inspired terrace will serve themed cocktails and street food.