Best American restaurants in London
With American Independence Day on 4th July, there’s no better time to check out some of the capital's best American restaurants. From burgers to shakes to apple pie, American food is fun for all the family. Many restaurants will have some special dishes on the menu for 4th July.
Top American restaurants in the capital
- Balthazar in Covent Garden serves all the American favourites and offers some American twists on French favourites. With a menu including both burgers and coq au vin, there is sure to be something for everyone. Try the Independence Day Dog and the 4th July Crush cocktail on America's special day.Maxwell's Bar and Grill, also in Covent Garden, is not one for the calorie counters! Indulge in a “Freak Shake,” fajitas, burgers and brownies.
- Spuntino in Soho offers many of the favoured American foods that you'd expect. Bourbon glazed ribs, fried chicken, hot dogs and mac ‘n’ cheese all feature. Wash it down with a cocktail or an Italian wine.
- Texas Joe’s Slow Smoked Meats will open its doors for its first full opening on 4th Enjoy meats smoked the traditional Texas way, and celebrate the atmosphere at the honky-tonk bar with its juke box.
- Avenue in Mayfair is an American joint with an arty vibe. Try clam chowder with sourdough or a sharing plate from the Josper grill. There is a special Independence Day menu of crawfish boil with unlimited prosecco.
- Big Easy in Chelsea is a New Orleans-inspired crab shack. Calamari, chicken wings and barbecue ribs make a sumptuous menu, while live music and friendly service enhance the atmosphere.
- Enjoy a taste of the Deep South at The Blues Kitchen in Camden. Indulge in whiskey sour cocktails, buffalo wings, jambalaya and pancakes in the 1950s-style diner.
- Burger and Lobster at Harvey Nichols is popular with foodies. There are two types of burgers – Original and Mayfair – or try the buttery brioche lobster rolls.