A lofty and ornate tile-adorned Victorian bar offers real ales, whiskies and seafood specialities.
Opened on the 8th July 1863 the café royal opened in this stylish Parisian building, which was designed by local architect Robert Paterson. The elegant stained glass and fine Victorian plasterwork dominate the building. On 27th February 1970, the whole building and its interior were listed, thus preserving it for future generations. We pride ourselves on being an authentic Edinburgh circle bar, with fantastic drinks and the freshest Scottish fayre.
We stock over 40 types of whisky, why not try the different region and different characters, Speyside, island, Islay, Lowland, Highland & Cambletown.