Top London restaurants embrace the Olympic spirit
As the medal tally starts to mount, it’s time to truly embrace the spirit of the Olympic Games, which are taking place in Brazil until 21st August. Lots of top London restaurants are getting into the spirit with special Olympic-themed menus and events. If you can’t get to Rio, then there’s no better way to enjoy the Games.
- Restaurants with an Olympic themeDarkhorse is in Stratford, home of the 2012 Olympic Games. Normally serving European cuisine, this restaurant offers a Brazilian-themed menu until 21st August, including black beans, chorizo feijoada and cashew and coconut batida.
- Bunga Bunga has a Brazilian hub pop-up complete with a caipirinha bar, a Brazilian food menu, an Olympic-themed cocktail menu and a Brazilian-inspired supper club to celebrate the closing ceremony.
- The Hoxton Hotel in Shoreditch has become Hox de Janeiro with a Brazilian menu, samba classes, Gymbox surf classes, hula-hooping sessions and even Brazilian waxing!
- If you’re dining at Sexy Fish at Berkley Square House, treat yourself to a Sexy Olympian cocktail of Yaguara Cachaça, lime juice, elderflower cordial and Riesling complete with a gold medal.
- Start the cocktail hour at Blind Spot in Covent Garden. Their Brazilian cocktail is created from lemongrass and chilli caipirinha and is accompanied by complimentary pãos de queijo, which are Brazilian small baked cheese rolls.
- Bodeans is offering a Brazilian barbecue menu at its restaurants across London. This is ideal for those wanting to celebrate the Olympics on a budget, as a Brazilian barbacoa dish comes complete with a Rio-inspired cocktail for just £15.
- For an Olympic brunch, head to Ben’s Canteen in Earlsfield or Battersea. Enjoy huevos rancheros, papaya fruit salad with yoghurt, coconut and granola and pichana steak with green salsa and fried eggs.
- The Gun in Coldharbour has transformed its outdoor bar into a Brazilian beach bar. Feast on burgers with chimichurri, sweet potato fries and grapefruit caipirinha.